Does iMX8QM support multimedia tunneling/sideband streams on Android 10 or 11?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does iMX8QM support multimedia tunneling/sideband streams on Android 10 or 11?

nelsmore
Contributor I

When looking at the Android 9 code, I could see that there was support for multimedia tunneling via sideband streams in OMX.  I can see, however, that on Android 10 and 11, the media support comes from Codec2 instead of OMX.  Unfortunately, I no longer see the support for multimedia tunneling.  Does this BSP have support for sideband streams in Android 10 or 11, or is it on the roadmap?

For context, I need to integrate a custom TvInputHal to provide video input to the TV Input Framework via HDMI.  As of Android 8, the BufferProducer mechanism has been deprecated and only sideband streams are supported on the TIF side.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

android 10 should support sideband stream, but there is difference between NXP android bsp and the google code, so if you use this on android 10, maybe will get issue, for more detailed test or porting your own application about this, pls consult from professional service:

"https://www.nxp.com/support/support/nxp-engineering-services/professional-support-for-processors-and..."

0 Kudos