cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does i.mx8 mini supports 8 GByte LPDDR4

Jump to solution
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

We wish to design a board with i.mx8 mini. I started with 2 GByte LPDDR4 as used in ref. design, but 8 GByte LPDDR4 is needed for a project. 

I would be grateful, if you help, if it possible to connect 8 GByte LPDDR to i.mx8 mini.

Best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

yes it is supported as stated in sect.9.1.1.1 DRAM Interface i.MX8M Mini Reference Manual:

" Up to 8GB of memory capacity".

According to the LPDDR4 Memory Density definition, the maximum
memory density of LPDDR4 is 32Gb per die (CS), the maximum LPDDR4
memory capacity supported by i.MX8M is 8GB (64Gb with 2 CS).

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Could you please advise me 32Gb per die LPDDR4  product name which is used with i.mx8 (M, X, mini) or compatible with i.mx8 (especially mini if exists).

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

unfortunately I am not aware of such validated parts.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

yes it is supported as stated in sect.9.1.1.1 DRAM Interface i.MX8M Mini Reference Manual:

" Up to 8GB of memory capacity".

According to the LPDDR4 Memory Density definition, the maximum
memory density of LPDDR4 is 32Gb per die (CS), the maximum LPDDR4
memory capacity supported by i.MX8M is 8GB (64Gb with 2 CS).

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!