Does i.MX8QuadMax support the root of trust?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Does i.MX8QuadMax support the root of trust?

432 次查看
YukioOyama
Contributor III

Hi all,

If the root of trust I am referring to is that a unique ID and authentication key is stored at the point of manufacture of the IC chip, does the i.MX8QuadMax support this?

I searched about it, but could not find it. The i.MX8QuadMax have the OTP. However my company is not a certification authority, so I consider it incorrect to write unique IDs etc. for the root of trust at the time of manufacturing our product.

If I want to implement it, the only way is to implement an additional secure chip?

Is SE050 suitable for achieving this?

Best Regards,

Yukio Oyama

0 项奖励
2 回复数

389 次查看
YukioOyama
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you. I understood that I need to prepare the public key by myself.

In Linux, can I get the chip unique ID with the following command?
cat /sys/bus/soc/devices/soc0/serial_number

If it is possible to refer to this unique ID in the reference manual, please let me know where to find the reference.
I would like to know about whether the chip unique ID is truly unique.
Because if the ID is generated by random numbers, and even with very low probability, the same number could occur, then it is not unique to us.

Best Regards,

Yukio Oyama

0 项奖励

412 次查看
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

On i.MX8QM, the root of trust is implemented in OTP, what is written there is a hash of the public keys (Super Root Keys, SRKs, generated by the OEM and embedded in the SW image) these are used by Advanced High Assurance Boot (AHAB) for secure boot to verify the signatures of software images and and ensure that only authenticated SW is allowed to run when secure boot is enabled. The chip unique ID is also written to OTP.

Kindly refer to "AN12312: Secure Boot on i.MX 8 and i.MX 8X Families using AHAB – Application Note" document for detailed information.

It can be found here under Application Notes section: https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-processors/i-mx-applications-proces...

0 项奖励