Does i.MX8MMini D-PHY CSI use the line numbers to receive and/or deinterlace video?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does i.MX8MMini D-PHY CSI use the line numbers to receive and/or deinterlace video?

vincentz63
Contributor IV

We are acquiring interlaced video (PAL and NTSC) from the D-PHY CSI interface on the i.MX8MMini.

Does the SoC use the line numbers in the MIPI CSI stream at all? The line numbers are optional in the MIPI spec and we cannot find whether the SoC uses them or not in the ref manual.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

vincentz63
Contributor IV

I am not talking about the CSI lane numbers, but about the line numbers transmitted by the CSI standard. Those are optional and I need to know if the i.MX8MMini makes use of them or not. In particular, I'm interested to know if it uses them for interlaced video formats.a

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you mean virtual channel, right? imx8mm doesn't have virtual channels, and don't have HW deinterlacer, if you need to use interlaced video, need to use SW deinterlacer

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what line number do you mean? do you mean data lane? if yes, imx8mm csi supports up to 4 data lane, and you can set them in the dts file

0 Kudos