Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does i.MX7D support internal PMIC mode?

Jump to solution
mamorukanou
Contributor IV

Hello, Igor-san,

According to the following thread, you said that i.MX7D Internal PMIC mode is not supported.

About Power mode transitions-2 

Your comments:

>The configurations enclosed in red in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-4 are not supported.

right

>Does it only support the configuration enclosed in blue in Table 6-8 and Figure 6-5?

yes

By the way, Table 6-8 shows five power mode of External PMIC and Internal PMIC mode.

1) ON, first time

2) Normal ON to OFF, by button

3) Emergency ON to OFF, by button

4) OFF to ON, by button

5) OFF to ON, by timer alarm

Evaluation Board MCIMX7D-SABRE has "MX7 ONOFF" button which direct connect to ONOFF pin (Ball# AC8) of i.MX7D.

As long as I try with the evaluation board,press and hold S2 button (MX7_ONOFF) for more than 5 seconds to turn off the power. In addition, when a button longer than 750 ms is pressed, the power turns on.

But "2) Normal ON to OFF, by button" does not seem to work properly.

So, do you say that i.MX7D with internal PMIC does NOT support all power mode because it only supports some features ?

In other words, the internal PMIC modes 1), 3), and 4) appear to work correctly. Is this understanding correct?

BR,

kanou

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kanou-san

I will recheck internally, does i.MX7D support internal PMIC mode and update.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kanou-san

I will recheck internally, does i.MX7D support internal PMIC mode and update.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos