Does i.MX6DL have limitation of giga ethernet?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does i.MX6DL have limitation of giga ethernet?

Jump to solution
JHY
Contributor IV

I use i.MX6DL and RTL8111F(pci ethernet).

When I run iperf in normal status, TX speed is about 600MBits/sec and somtimes disconnection occurs.

But when reducing TX speed to under 300MBits/sec (by adjusting MTU to under 500 or Number of Tx descriptor registers to under 128), there is no disconnetion.

So I want to know whether i.MX6 has a limitation of giga ethernet or not.

If not, advise to me about abobe please.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi conan

there is ERR004512 IMX6SDLCE.

i.MX6 has not other limitations of giga ethernet, as you described.

Issues which you are observing, probably related to RTL8111 settings

and local network configuration. You can consult with local network administrator.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi conan

there is ERR004512 IMX6SDLCE.

i.MX6 has not other limitations of giga ethernet, as you described.

Issues which you are observing, probably related to RTL8111 settings

and local network configuration. You can consult with local network administrator.

Best regards

chip

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos