Does i.MX 8M Nano EVK - Bluetooth module?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does i.MX 8M Nano EVK - Bluetooth module?

vijayb1
Contributor II

I am looking at evaluating i.MX 8M Nano EVK, I had few questions before I purchase EVK. I am primarily looking for Bluetooth support, should be able to route the Bluetooth audio to an external DAC over I2S.

Focus is to get HFP audio routed to an external DAC over I2S.

Does EVK comes with inbuilt support for Bluetooth Module? Does it have ALSA codec support for BT as an audio device?

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vijay,

The BSP does have ALSA support and bluez libraries to support Bluetooth devices. However, the only Bluetooth modules supported out of the box on the latest Linux BSP for the i.MX8M Nano EVK are listed on the i.MX Linus Release Notes (you can download the documentation for this BSP on the link below, you may need to login to download this documentation bundle)

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L5.4.3_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

As for available connections to the board, you may find the schematics for this board on the link below. The J1001 connector allow access to some interfaces.

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/schematics/8MNANOD4-EVK-DF-SCH.7z

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

vijayb1
Contributor II

Hello Gusarambula,

Thanks for sharing the links to the documentation. Few questions after my initial glance on these.

BT PCM lines are on the Serial interface 2. I assume the BT host interface is over UART and SD interface is for WiFi?

There is bunch of documentation for ALSA SOC support including the support for codec and platform driver for the sound cards.

Did not see any thing for BT as sound card, codec driver support for BT? Does NXP software includes support for this? Was there any validation done in that direction? Or is this some thing that Murata will support?

What is the typical power requirement for the system? 

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vijay,

Only the modules listed on the Release Notes were tested so it’s a bit limited in this regard.

Murata does provide drivers and support for their modules, of which there is some variety so you would need to see if one of their modules fulfill your needs.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards,

0 Kudos