Does errata ERR005895/EVENT2_IN still apply on 6QuadPlus?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does errata ERR005895/EVENT2_IN still apply on 6QuadPlus?

hannes_mayr
Contributor I

Hello,

we are currently using the i.MX6Quad (not the plus version) on a third party system-on-module which has only the ENET_1588_EVENT2_IN signal on its external connector. So according to errata ERR005895 it is impossible for us to use the IEEE5588 timer with the EVENT2_IN signal for timer capture.

I would like to know if errata ERR005895 still applies on the newer Plus version?

There is no explicit model mentioned in the errata documentation, so I guess it still does. Except that the i.MX6 Dual/Quad/DualPlus/QuadPlus comparison document talks in chapter 13, Peripherals, about changes in this regard:

"Added a mux to the ENET reference clock to enable clocking direct from ENET PLL. In i.MX6Dual/6Quad, the reference clock must be sourced from ENET_TX_CLK pad"

Also the i.MX6 Hardware development guide states about the ENET reference clock in chapter 10 :

"This chapter does not apply to the i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus, additional
internal muxing was added to remove this GPIO pad dependency. Refer to
the i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus Reference Manual for further details"

So has this changed with the DualPlus/QuadPlus or is EVENT2_IN still non functioning?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hannes

you are right, ERR005895 applies to i.MX6QuadPlus too.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos