Does MX6 Android release KK4.4.2 support MX6Dual?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frankchenmh
Contributor III

Hi, we designed a board which use MX6Dual and Android KK4.4.2. The system is not stable. The kernel may crash during bootup or after Android starts up. However if we replace MX6Dual with MX6Quad the system is stable. Also if we disable one of the CPUs of MX6Dual by setting maxcpus=1 in kernel command line the system will be stable.

Is there anyway to use MX6Dual on this release?

Thanks!

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

frankchenmh
Contributor III

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your reply! But it is strange why we have to disable one of the CPUs of MX6Dual to make the system be stable.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you use nxp board or customized board?  I couldn't reprouduce this issue on my board. how about other android version?

0 Kudos

frankchenmh
Contributor III

Hi Joan,

I use our customized board which is designed base on NXP mx6q sabresd board. I didn't test other Android version. I am not sure if MX6Dual and MX6Quad use exactly the same hardware and software configurations. Based on Android kk4.4.2 user guide it seems they use the same configurations. However I got different result if the MX6Dual was replaced by MX6Quad. With MX6Quad the board is stable.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, mx6d can support android 4.4.2. you can refer to the 4.4.2 user guide  as attached.

0 Kudos