Does IMXRT1176 supports the DoIP protocol ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does IMXRT1176 supports the DoIP protocol ?

Shiva-2022
Contributor III

Hello,

We are using the IMXRT1170-EVK board, we wanted to work on DoIP protocol. Does this controller is capable of supporting the DoIP ? Is this controller meets all the requirements for supporting the DoIP ? requirements like network connectivity, security and memory etc..

Please suggest.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

I'm not able to confirm if this device is suitable for DoIP since I do not know the specific requirements for that application.

RT1170 features make possible the use of Ethernet, FlexCAN. It is possible to add external memories but I cannot assure you that these features can fulfill your specific application.

Unfortunately, we do not have any example of this but if you provide more detail about the specific requirements of your application we could have better criteria to check if this device is suitable.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Shiva-2022
Contributor III
Hello Omar,
Thanks for the reply.
Currently we are using FlexCAN for flashing the application via UDS protocol.
We wanted to the do same using the Ethernet for flashing the application via DoIP.

Please let me know if you need more info.
0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for the details. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm if RT1170 is suitable for this end.
We will need to check if the core/memory/modules are enough to integrate a DoIP application over Ethernet. Do you know the requirements of DoIP?

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos