Does IMX8QXP support ISSI Hyper Flash (IS26KL512S)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does IMX8QXP support ISSI Hyper Flash (IS26KL512S)?

baijinlong
Contributor III

When the IS26KL512S Hyper Flash is used on the IMX8QXP platform, the ID of the Flash chip cannot be read from the QSPI bus. After multiple troubleshooting, it is ensured that the ID number of the IS26KL512S cannot be read without the virtual soldering. The IDs read out are all Zero, does the IMX8QXP QSPI controller support ISSI's Hyper Flash?

The debugging information is as follows:

pastedImage_1.png

If I need to support how to configure the device tree and modify the QSPI driver?  The IS26KL512S manual is in the attachment, I hope I can get your reply soon! Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The FlexSPI controller module of the i.MX8QXP processor is very flexibly programmable, so, it can support virtually all types of QSPI Flash/HyperFlash parts, available on the market. To use a custom  QSPI Flash/HyperFlash part, the Look-Up Tables of the FlexSPI controller should be configured appropriately according to the specification of a Flash part used. For details, please refer to the Section 18.2 "Flexible SPI Controller (FlexSPI)" of the i.MX8X Reference Manual document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-appl...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

baijinlong
Contributor III

Secondly, I found the following definition in the uboot source:

/* MT35XU512ABA1G12 has only one Die, so QSPI0 B won't work */

#ifdef CONFIG_FSL_FSPI
#define CONFIG_SF_DEFAULT_BUS 0
#define CONFIG_SF_DEFAULT_CS 0
#define CONFIG_SF_DEFAULT_SPEED 160000000 /***160Mhz***/
#define CONFIG_SF_DEFAULT_MODE SPI_MODE_0
#define FSL_FSPI_FLASH_SIZE SZ_64M
#define FSL_FSPI_FLASH_NUM 1
#define FSPI0_BASE_ADDR 0x5d120000
#define FSPI0_AMBA_BASE 0
#define CONFIG_SYS_FSL_FSPI_AHB
#endif

Among them MT36XU512ABA1G12 type has only one Die (QSPI0 B is not working), and we have two Dies with IS26KL512, it can not be used. How to configure QSPI0 B to work mode (ie 8-line working mode)?

The Die information for IS26KL512 is shown below:

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

baijinlong
Contributor III

I have added the hypeflash configuration to the device tree, but sf probe 0 can't read the hypeflash ID information; therefore, I measured clk=39MHz and tried to modify clk=50, 100Mhz is useless. How can I do this? Configure hypeflash configuration to effectively support our hypeflash? Thank you!

0 Kudos