Does G2D support Color space conversion from RGB to YUV?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to solution
yongtang
Contributor I

Hi,freescale

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Does G2D support Color space conversion from RGB to YUV?

A. No, the RGB to YUV conversion is not supported by the GPU2D engine of the i.MX6 series processors. The only available output format for the GPU2D engine is RGB.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Does G2D support Color space conversion from RGB to YUV?

A. No, the RGB to YUV conversion is not supported by the GPU2D engine of the i.MX6 series processors. The only available output format for the GPU2D engine is RGB.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi art

Does G2D support RGB24 to RGB565 conversion?

Does G2D support RGB24 to RGB24 scaling?

I also find that Horizontal flip is not working while RGB to RGB.

Horizontal flip is working while YUV to RGB.

Any updated document for G2D.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the i.MX6 Graphics User's Guide, RGB and YUV formats can be set in source surface, but only RGB format can be set in destination surface.

0 Kudos