Does ERR050101 mean that the i.MX 1050 literally cannot be a USB compliant Isochronous device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ERR050101 mean that the i.MX 1050 literally cannot be a USB compliant Isochronous device?

Jump to solution
caleb
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using the i.MX 1051 as a USB audio device (play and record), and have run into Errata ERR050101.  This causes USB Playout (i.e. USB ISOC OUT) to fail whenever there is a USB device on the same bus (or upstream hub only... perhaps), has an IN endpoint with the same IN endpoint as on the 1051.  

If this is true, is it possible to use the 1051 as an isochronous IN device?  It appears to me that it's fundamentally broken, and will be impossible to use in any general (i.e. not closed) system.  In a closed system, you might be able to set all the endpoints just right and not run into the error.

So... am I correct in my understanding that the 1050 CANNOT be used as a USB compliant isochronous in device?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Caleb

(for searchability... MIMXRT1050, MIMXRT1051, MIMXRT1052, i.MX RT 1050, 1051 1052)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.
You are correct. An Isochronous IN endpoint conflict exists and it is persistent when a hub is connected. I suggest you follow the proposed workaround in the errata.
RT1050 cannot be used with an isochronous IN endpoint when it is connected through a hub.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.
You are correct. An Isochronous IN endpoint conflict exists and it is persistent when a hub is connected. I suggest you follow the proposed workaround in the errata.
RT1050 cannot be used with an isochronous IN endpoint when it is connected through a hub.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos