cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does EIM support the old Intel Multiplex operation mode

Jump to solution
dougbailey
Contributor III

I have a device that I would like to connect to my iMX6-DL via a parallel interface using the EIM module. This device is rather old and supports 10 MHz interfaces using "Motorola", "Intel", or "Intel Multiplexed" pin schema.

To reduce pin count, I would like to use the "Intel Multiplexed" mode. I see that the EIM supports multiplexed address/data but do not see anything like ALE functionality in the EIM description. (The EIM_LBA is active low and I do not see it deasserting before CS assertion.)

Does anyone know if the EIM can support this functionality? If so, is there a data sheet that describes the timing of this interface?

Regards, 

Doug Bailey 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dougbailey
Contributor III

So other than the polarity of the LBA signal i.e. it asserts low when address is valid while the ALE signal on an Intel Muxed interface asserts high, I should be able to configure the RADVA, RADVN, RCSA, and RCSN value to output a waveform for a read.  Similarly, the WADVA, WADVN, WCSA, and WCSN can be configured for a write. 

Thanks for the information. 

Regards, 

Doug 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dough

EIM_LBA timings are configured with RADVA and RADVN fields of the EIM_CSxRCR1 register,

RCSA and RCSN configures CS timings.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
dougbailey
Contributor III

So other than the polarity of the LBA signal i.e. it asserts low when address is valid while the ALE signal on an Intel Muxed interface asserts high, I should be able to configure the RADVA, RADVN, RCSA, and RCSN value to output a waveform for a read.  Similarly, the WADVA, WADVN, WCSA, and WCSN can be configured for a write. 

Thanks for the information. 

Regards, 

Doug 

0 Kudos