Does Android 4.4.2 take the resistive touch panel's absolute value?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Android 4.4.2 take the resistive touch panel's absolute value?

Jump to solution
YanjunLuo
Contributor IV

Hi,

My home made i.MX6Q board connect a resistive touch panel and follow the below link to add it supports on Android 4.4.2.

https://community.freescale.com/message/328954#328954

My touch chip is TSC2007 and changed the driver to add the calibration support, I referenced the below code.

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/drivers/input/touchscreen/mxc_ts.c?...

Now from the value I'm very sure the value report to Android is right one, like the left top is about (0, 0), and the right bottom is (800, 600), my LCD is 800X600 resolution. Now Android can find the touch input, but the cycle cursor move very slowly, the move direction is right. It looks like it doens't take my touch panel driver's abosute value. I don't know where can I find some documents about the touch input definition of the Android 4.4.2. I need some map or similar changes I guess.

Does anyone know this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yanjun Luo.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
YanjunLuo
Contributor IV

After checking the documents and code, I fix it! I need add the INPUT_PROP_DIRECT to tell Android this is a absolute device, that is, touch screen. Now it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YanjunLuo
Contributor IV

I found the root reason, the Android take my touch event as mouse, not touch screen, so it always take my absolute value as relative value, the problem is how can I tell Adroid my event device is a touch screen, not a mouse? I tried add an idc file TSC2007_Touchscreen.idc in folder /system/usr/idc, but it doesn't work.

Regards,

Yanjun Luo.

0 Kudos
YanjunLuo
Contributor IV

After checking the documents and code, I fix it! I need add the INPUT_PROP_DIRECT to tell Android this is a absolute device, that is, touch screen. Now it works fine.

0 Kudos
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your input Yanjun, I'm sure it will be useful for lots of people!

0 Kudos