Do you know if you can perform a reading through the imx_rpmsg_tty module?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know if you can perform a reading through the imx_rpmsg_tty module?

j-p-b-20
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using an imx7 from Technexion. I'm trying to communicate the cortex-A7 with the cortex-M4, for that I'm using the module "imx_rpmsg_tty". The application in the M4 was successfully launched and and I run the next instrucción:

- # modprobe imx_rpmsg_tty.

These steps are performed correctly. The next step I make is an echo Hello World > / dev / ttyRPMSG and the message is printed by the M4 console. The M4 program returns the same message to the A7 but when we make "cat /dev /ttyRPMSG" there is nothing, i can't see the message. The A7 does receive the message, I know this because I have modified the imx_rpmsg_tty module to print it on the screen, but apparently he does not write it in the internal buffer of ttyRPMSG. The latter point is what I need to be able to pass a message through an application that I generate with a programming tool. Do you know if you can perform a reading through the imx_rpmsg_tty module?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings.

1 Reply

texierp
Contributor III

Hi j-p-b-20‌,

First of all, yes, you can read through RPMSG channel from cortex A7 side.

For this, you have to assign a file descriptor to the virtual TTY (/dev/ttyRPMSG).

For more information about it, you can read this following tutorial: FreeRTOS on the Cortex-M4 of a Colibri iMX7 

Otherwise, with my colleague, we have implemented a simple protocol (in c++/Qt)

to communicate between the cortex A7 and the cortex M4: GitHub - Jeanrenet/ServiceRPMSG 

Regards

Pierre-Jean

0 Kudos