Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do imx6x have LIN?

Jump to solution
翔李
Contributor IV

HI,

Is there some LIN(Local Interconnect Network) interfaces in IMX6? I don't find these in RM or datasheet,please tell me these pins location. How to use them?

Thanks.

1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

i.MX6 devices do not support LIN in physical layer as they don't provide PHY. However, the UART module can be configured to 13-bit and it will be able to work as LIN in Data-Link layer, then you only need to connect with external LIN PHY.

Best regards,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

i.MX6 devices do not support LIN in physical layer as they don't provide PHY. However, the UART module can be configured to 13-bit and it will be able to work as LIN in Data-Link layer, then you only need to connect with external LIN PHY.

Best regards,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

翔李
Contributor IV

Thanks.

1:Can you show me some thpies LIN PHY ICs?Is it transfer UART to LIN interface IC?

2:Where is the 13bits UART driver and LIN software on IMX6x?

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

we do not manufacture LIN PHYs, you may check with another manufacturer.