Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display video (or camera) in small window over webpage

Jump to solution
pgentili
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'd like to display a video (or the camera) in a small window over Chrome. We need to achieve this on two systems: the imx6dl and imx8mm.

I tried this simple pipeline but the video is flickering (maybe because chrome and gstreamer are both writing on the same fb).

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=Spin_1.mp4 typefind=true ! qtdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! imxg2dvideosink window-x-coord=0 window-y-coord=0 window-width=640 window-height=360

Any idea? Playing the media with chrome is out of question because of missing hw acceleration.

Thanks

Paolo Gentili

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello pgentili,

Which  bsp are you using? which distro?  because I used the 5.4.47 and it works like a charm.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello pgentili,

Which  bsp are you using? which distro?  because I used the 5.4.47 and it works like a charm.

Regards

0 Kudos
pgentili
Contributor III

Hi, I'm using yocto krogoth on the iMX6DL and yocto zeus on iMX8MM.

The first test I did was only performed on the imx6dl and it's indeed flickering. On the imx8mm I tried only after your suggestion and it's working fine (with differente sink: waylandsink).

Since on the imx6 we already have implemented a different solution based on the second frame buffer we can close this topic.

Thanks.

0 Kudos