Display issue of i.MX 7Dual with orientation 90 or 270.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issue of i.MX 7Dual with orientation 90 or 270.

zengzhu
Contributor I

Hi, We're using i.MX 7Dual with android android_5.1.1_r1. In portrait mode, the display is OK. But when we change orientation to 90,  the display works incorrectly. Please check out the attached image(the part in red rectangle).  The lower right part seems shifted a little bit.  We also tried the android android-6.0.1_r22, but the result is the same. The data from frame buffer seems not correct.  The LCD resolution is 1200x825.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

it looks like the picutre shifted, refer to the mx7d RM, it tells how to rotate and how to avoid shifting, and because mx7d doesn't include GPU, using software AGL, we couldn't reproduce this on mx7d board, I send the RM to you for reference, one check your case, pls focus on the chapter 13.7.3.25 Rotation

<http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX7DRM.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference Manuals&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=pdf&WT_ASSET=Documentation&fileExt=.pdf>

0 Kudos

zengzhu
Contributor I

hi Joan Xie,

We can reproduce this problem with mx7d board. You can increase the screen resolution to larger than 600x800. The default screen resolution is 480*272 which works well with rotation. But if you increase screen resolution, you should be able to reproduce this problem.  I will also checkout the reference manual. Thank you for your reply.

I checked the reference manual, it's not about the PxP since we can also reproduce this problem with TFT display. The data from framebuffer is incorrect. Epdc uses PxP to convert data from framebuffer to grayscale and send data to eink display.  But now the data from framebuffer is incorrect, it could be problem in software AGL. 

0 Kudos