Display Wrap Around Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Wrap Around Issue

vimalan_93
Contributor I
We are providing support for a custom IMX8M based carrier board. The carrier board is designed based on the DART-MX8M board with some changes. We have changed the lvds display to a lvds 1080p display (TX18D200VM0EAA). We are using the sn65dsi83 bridge to integrate the lvds display to the MIPI-DSI. We have made changes in the device tree as per our display. I have attached the device tree entry of our display for your reference.

Initially, while the device boots, the display works fine without any issue. Whenever the devices goes to sleep (either by screen timeout or by pressing the power button) and wakes up, the display gets shifted randomly. Sometimes, there is a change in the color also. We took screencap tool to check the buffer from the Surface flinger. It seems to be fine. The only changes that we have made in the display side is the device tree entry. I have attached some images of the issue.

FYI, Kernel Version - 4.14.78; Android version -9.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vimal

one can try with more new kernel L4.14.98-2.0.0

using Android P9.0.0_2.0.0 Documentation

is it has many Display Interface improvements.

As for L 4.14.78, technexion has support for sn65dsi84 :

linux-imx-tn/imx8mq-pico-pi-dcss-sn65dsi84-hj070na.dts at tn-imx_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga-wip-mipi2lvds · Te... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos