Did Imx6 solo can handle 1080p video cature ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Imx6 solo can handle 1080p video cature ?

ela_embedded
Contributor I

we are using custom imx6solo board. our requirement  was to capture 1080p video at 30fps  from the camera sensor using VDP interface.  after capture and analyse we found that we are getting only 15fps maximum. we have contacted sensor vendor and confirmed that camera settings were ok for 1080p 30fps.  and our memory card capacity was  class 10   sdhc ,which can handle transfer rate min 10Mb/s .
we have doubts , is this problem can be related to imx6solo capability ?
1.is it possible to achieve this in VDP interface of single core imx6 ?
2.did anyone acheived this  in VDP interface?

3. what are things we have to consider or do  on processor side to analyse or acheive this?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the i.MX6Solo processor is capable of handling 1080P@30FPS video on both parallel CSI and CSI2-MIPI interfaces. The most likely cause of the issue is high level of software overhead in your system. So, first, check what software processes, other than video capturing one, run in your system, and what percentage of CPU and memory load do they handle.

By the way, please specify in more details, what do you mean as VDP interface.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ela_embedded
Contributor I

sorry DVP parallel interface .none of the process were running other than the video capture (at non capturing condition system was in 99% idle condition) . we are using gstreamer pipeline to capture the video. cpu usage during capture was below 15 % .

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. What i.MX6Solo based board do you use? Is it your own custom board?

2. What software runs on your board? Is it some BSP by Freescale? If so, please specify the exact package name and release number.

3. Show the gstreamer command line you use.

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos