cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing applications for i.MX devices

ttvu208
Contributor I

Hi,

I am a newbie to i.MX. Now, I am having an i.MX 6Quad SABRE board for Smart Device. I downloaded BSP L.4.9.88_2.0.0_MX6QDLSOLOX. In side it, I found the file: fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-xwayland-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard. The board now can boot from this image in SD card. Now, I want to build simple applications like GPIO, Timer, LCD.... running on this board. I found an application note: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3870.pdf

Is it a right document I should follow? What documents should I follow to develop applications for i.MX?

Thanks, 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

there is not an specific document you can follow. The document you mentioned will definitively be helpful,  you can also install metatoolchain to crosscompile your applications in a host machine and then copy the binary files into your sdcard

E.g.

$ bitbake meta-toolchain
$ sh tmp/deploy/sdk/poky-eglibc-x86_64-arm-toolchain-1.4.1.sh
$ source /opt/poky/1.4.1/environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v
$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc hello.c -o hello

You can also take a look to the Udoo examples which are pretty easy GPIO Pinout - UDOO Quad/Dual Docs 

The following document explains how to interface and use an accelerometer with an i.MX device thorugh SPI. Interfacing FXLS8471Q with i.MX6Q 

You can find also many books about developing applications in embedded linux. I bough this book and it is really good.

Linux Driver Development for Embedded Processors: Alberto Liberal De Los Ríos: Amazon.com.mx: Libros 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos