Design Files for i.MX8 plus Base Board

Jump to solution
rjm
Contributor IV
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rjm
Contributor IV

Acccording to Flowcad, this shows that NXP is using the (highest end) Allegro PCB designer.

Note: This answer is marked as "solution", but that does not apply to the posting as a whole - that's due to the attempt to establish a sort of umbrella posting that may handle several subtopics, as this one...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rjm
Contributor IV

When I want to re-route parts of the board, especially differential pairs, the following is reported in the command window: Timing feedback is disabled because timed based rules are not allowed. With this product, you must define delay rules in length units.

I use OrCAD PCB Designer Professional (17.4). The only product that goes beyond Professional is Allegro instead of OrCAD. Any hints regarding the PCB Designer license variant used with NXP would be appriciated.

The above message also occurs on the CPU module board.

0 Kudos
rjm
Contributor IV

Acccording to Flowcad, this shows that NXP is using the (highest end) Allegro PCB designer.

Note: This answer is marked as "solution", but that does not apply to the posting as a whole - that's due to the attempt to establish a sort of umbrella posting that may handle several subtopics, as this one...

rjm
Contributor IV

Netlist update to Layout shows nine warnings, all of this type: WARNING(SPMHNI-295): Component 'R108', property 'SIGNAL_MODEL'. Value 'DEFAULT_RESISTOR_100000OHM_2_1' was overwritten by 'DEFAULT_RESISTOR_33.000000OHM_2_1'.

See attachment. I'd want to know whether I should do anything with it, or if it can be ignored. It should however be noted that the Layout file is updated by OrCAD from 17.2 to version 17.4 format.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@rjm 
Hello,

Generally the warnings may be omitted. Nevertheless, please check
(PCB) size of overwritten elements - it should not occupy more space on board.

Regards,
Yuri.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos