cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default image i.MX8M Mini EVK, yocto configuration file

raptor8
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm a little bit new to Linux compiling and I'm trying to build an image with yocto which could support ethernet, gstreamer with vpu plugins and V4L2 source to stream video from the MINISASTOCSI accessory (and in the future, use another sensor for the same application).

The provided image with the evaluation board is working fine for this purpose. (L4.14.78_1.0.0_ga_images_MX8MMEVK.zip)
I would like to know the local.conf configuration or commands used to make the reference image to help me with this. But I don't know where to look for this.

I followed the guide for Yocto (i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, Rev. L4.14.78-1.0.0_ga, 01/2019) and I managed to build a new image and flash it to eMMC (by mimicking the uuu.auto from the provided zip image) and gstreamer is present.

But when I try to add the imxvpu plugin to gstreamer and bitbake, I'm getting this error:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx' (but [~]/Work/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-validation-imx.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx was skipped: incompatible with machine imx8mmevk (not in COMPATIBLE_MACHINE)

Also Ethernet interface is not showing up yet.

Ultimately once my yocto setup is working like the default image, my goal is to add a new camera sensor like described in the "i.MX Porting Guide, Rev. L4.14.78-1.0.0_ga, 01/2019" chapter 13.2

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raptor8

one can try fsl-image-validation-imx or fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx images

described in Table 1. i.MX Yocto project images attached Yocto Guide.

Note, provided images with the evaluation board are specially build images

which not always may be built by customers.

For building images may be useful

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-1616 

How to add a new layer and a new recipe in Yocto 

i.MX Yocto Project: How can I patch the kernel? 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos