cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging of MIMX8MM6_M4

christoph_fauck
Contributor II

Hi,

I am fighting with debugging of CortexM4 processor using jlink-pro and GDB. I followed the attached manual, Chapter 5.1.

After starting, the program jumps around. Debug is enabled, the program runs from TMC. I remember, that I could debug in past and after some J-Link-Software updates it didn't work anymore.

Which J-Link-Software version do I need to run the NXP-Debugging plugin for the MIMX8MM6_M4? Segger told me that NXP has written the processors corresponding software part.

Best regards

Christoph

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

christoph_fauck
Contributor II

Hi Aldo,

thanks, but we don't use IAR because we have very bad experiences with it. We use kDevelop in combination with gdb on Linux. kDevelop supports CMake directly.

Since the gdb command descirption in "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for EVK-MIMX8MM.pdf" seems to be wrong I wrote my own gdb script. The CM4 Debugger works fine now until RPMGS starts.

The CM4 opens an RPMSG channel and waits, until an own Linux driver on the A53 side opens the channel as peer. Then the Debugger crashes ans prints "Cannot read register" error messages. Debugging is then not possible any longer.

Does someone have an Idea whats going wrong?

-Christoph

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please try with the following patch:
https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SDK_MX8DXL_3RDPARTY_Patch&appType=license

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos