cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug connection exception in MCUExpresso

Jump to solution
Priyanka23
Contributor II

I'm using IMXRT1050 EVB for my academic project. Current SW7 switch configuration is OFF-ON-ON-OFF. and power supply at J28. I was able to download the "hello world" demo program on the target once but after disconnecting from debug mode, next time onwards, MCUXpresso is giving exception during debug. Please find attached snippet and help me resolve this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Priyanka23
Contributor II

It was a software issue. I uninstalled MCU expresso and deleted all related files.

Installed again the same version. It is working fine now.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Priyanka23
Contributor II

Hello Kerry,

I tried following steps but connection error still persists. I changed SW7 0101 then looked at device manager list (attached device manager snippet). Target was detected as mbed serial port. When I tried to download “hello world” program, I got connection reset exception (please see During SW7 0101 png). Then I tried downloading same program by changing SW7 with 0110 configuration. But I got timeout (attached snippet). I also observed that connection manager didn’t list connected device in the window. I confirm switches were connected properly by using multimeter to ensure switches are not in tristate. I also tried following steps to recover the unit but ended up unsuccessful.

Downloaded CMSIS DAP firmware from https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/sensor-toolbox-sensor-development-ecosystem...

Powered up the unit while reset pin pressed to enter maintenance mode and drag and dropped latest firmware to hardware.

Disconnect and reconnected

Could you please let me know if there are any other steps or tools which I could use along with special steps to erase entire flash memory to recover the unit ? Also could you please let me know how to find if the board have some issues ? (I confirm no ICs on board are heating and seems like everything fine from outside, but not certain).

Thank you!

Best regards,

Priyanka

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Priyanka23 ,

Seems you even can't find the CMSIS DAP now.

Now, try use the MCUBOOTUtility tool to connect your board in serial download mode.

MCUBootUtility tool download link:

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/archive/refs/tags/v3.4.0.zip

the related user manual is:
https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

SW7 0101 

Power off the board, try to find another USB cable, one connect J28, another connect to J9, then whether your MCUBoottuility can find the PID VID with USB?

If you can find it, then try to set your flash as hyperflash, then connect it, that tool contains the memory erase button, you can erase it.

Please try it on your side.

If you still have issues, kindly let me know.

About your MCUXPresso IDE, please delete the .lauch file in the project, and let the recoginize the debugger port again, whether it can be found, BTW, do you modify the on board jumper? J29-J33 should be connected, otherwise, your on board debugger will be jumpered.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Priyanka23
Contributor II

It was a software issue. I uninstalled MCU expresso and deleted all related files.

Installed again the same version. It is working fine now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Priyanka23 ,

Thanks so much for your feedback!

If your question is solved, could you please help to mark the correct answer?

Any new issues, welcome to create the new question post, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Priyanka23 ,

When you meet this issue, your flash downloaded code may not complete or valid, so it cause the boot issues, then it may also influence the on board debugger connection.

Now, follow me to recover it:

1. SW7 1-OFF, 2-ON, 3-OFF, 4-ON,  power on the board again.

2. download your SDK helloworld code again, you may see can't enter debug successfully, but not important, just wait download finished. Then exit the debug mode.

3. power off the board, SW7: 1-OFF, 2-ON, 3-ON, 4-OFF, then power on the board again, then debug it again, it should work now.

Please try it on your side.

If you still have issues about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos