Debug Eclipse over USB bridge adb_usb.ini setup?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Eclipse over USB bridge adb_usb.ini setup?

Jump to solution
mikedwn
Contributor II

Hello:

I am trying to get the my Java app to debug over USB cable. I plug-in the USB cable from the i.MX53 SABRE tablet to my Window 7 (32-bit). I go under C:\Users\mydevuser\.android  folder to modify the adb_usb.ini file by adding 0x15a2. I build a "hello world" app, but I cannot able to download to the SABRE tablet.

Can you help me to setup USB bridge to the SABRE tablet so I can develop JAVA / Eclipse application?

Mike

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedwn
Contributor II

Hi:

I got it working. In the imx-andriod-r10.4\tool\android_usb_fsl.zip is the USB driver. The i.MX Andriod customize the USB driver.

In the i.MX_Android_R10.4_User_Guide.html have one line talk about the tool\android_usb_fsl.zip that need to be install inorder for the Win7 USB driver to attach to.

"Unpack the freescale Android USB win driver in the release package tool\android_usb_fsl.zip"

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

a collection of steps to get adb running:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1373

Please, let me know if you can list your device.

0 Kudos
mikedwn
Contributor II

Hi:

I got it working. In the imx-andriod-r10.4\tool\android_usb_fsl.zip is the USB driver. The i.MX Andriod customize the USB driver.

In the i.MX_Android_R10.4_User_Guide.html have one line talk about the tool\android_usb_fsl.zip that need to be install inorder for the Win7 USB driver to attach to.

"Unpack the freescale Android USB win driver in the release package tool\android_usb_fsl.zip"

Mike

0 Kudos
OliverB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

Did you try to restart the ADB server on the Windows PC after updating the adb_usb.ini file? The shell commands to do this are

adb kill-server

adb start-server

Also, did you verify that ADB is enable on your device under Setting->Applications->Development->USB Debugging?

Does the device show up in the Windows Device Manager as an "Android Phone" with correct VID and PID?

Oliver

0 Kudos