Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVFS in i.MX 6ULL

Jump to solution
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi,

We are planning to use i.MX 6ULL processor in our project. When we are checking about the DVFS feature in this processor we got confused while referring the datasheet of the processor and the dtsi file for the processor.

In the datasheet of the processor they had given like for 792 MHz the VDD_SOC_IN voltage is 1.325 - 1.5 V and for 528 MHz and below the VDD_SOC_IN voltage is 1.275 - 1.5 V. But in the dtsi file they had given like for both 792 and 528 MHz the voltage value to be 1.175V.

So our doubt is why there is a difference between the voltage values between the datasheet and dtsi file, and what voltage values must be updated in the dtsi file for using DVFS feature?

Also why there are 2 tables in the dtsi file?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

NXP BSPs are developed for reference boards, so dtsi file is for i.MX6ULL EVK with

processor MCIMX6Y2DVM05AA (528 MHz)  - i.MX 6ULL Applications Processors for Consumer Products

voltages are defined in Table 10. Operating Ranges. Other parts, like Industrial grade or with

higher operating frequencies may require other dts "operating-points" parameters.

Please check with datasheet of used processor.

Also there are some patches on link   i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

pastedImage_2.jpg

>Also why there are 2 tables in the dtsi file?

because both VDD_ARM_CAP and VDD_SOC_CAP can be changed depending

on operating frequency.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

NXP BSPs are developed for reference boards, so dtsi file is for i.MX6ULL EVK with

processor MCIMX6Y2DVM05AA (528 MHz)  - i.MX 6ULL Applications Processors for Consumer Products

voltages are defined in Table 10. Operating Ranges. Other parts, like Industrial grade or with

higher operating frequencies may require other dts "operating-points" parameters.

Please check with datasheet of used processor.

Also there are some patches on link   i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

pastedImage_2.jpg

>Also why there are 2 tables in the dtsi file?

because both VDD_ARM_CAP and VDD_SOC_CAP can be changed depending

on operating frequency.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using Industrial grade processor and in the datasheet it is given as it supports 528 and 792 MHz, so is it okay to include those two frequencies only in the dtsi file or including other frequencies also won't cause problem?

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

yes only frequencies given in datasheet should be included in dts.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your help. We will include 528 and 792 MHz in the dtsi file as per the datasheet of i.MX 6ULL Industrial grade processor.

Thanks

Ranjith

0 Kudos