cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA Support in FreeRTOS package for imx.7s

vivekrajpara
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am working on imx7s board. I want to configure DMA to capture I2S data. I want to perform this activity from Cortex M4 core.

I have FreeRTOS package for this SoC. But currently DMA driver for FreeRTOS is not available can anyone please help for getting support for this?

Thanks,

Vivek

#imx7s m4#freertos#dma-i2s‌  #dma‌ 

7 Replies

FreeRTOS_org
Contributor IV

I don't know the ins and outs of what you are trying to do, or the drivers that are available, but if there is a 'bare metal' DMA driver available then you should be able to use that with FreeRTOS to.  For example, if you want a task to respond to a DMA transfer then you could use the DMA interrupt along with a direct to task notification to unblock the task in a similar way as described on this page.

vivekrajpara
Contributor III

Thank you Richard for helping me understanding DMA integration design in FreeRTOS.

0 Kudos

hvparys
Contributor III

Hello Vivek,

Did you manage to access I2S over DMA on the Cortex-M4 in a i.MX7 ? I'm struggling with the same issue. Do you have some hints or sample code ?

Best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos

jeromemathieu
Contributor II

Hello Vivek

I'm looking also for a SDMA driver running of the M4 of the imx7d with RTOS. We would like to get capture data from the FTM (timer). Did you finally find existing software ?

Best regards

Jerome

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am not aware of rtos/'bare metal' i.MX7 sdma drivers, in general

one can try to design own scripts using

Freescale i.MX SDMA tutorial (part I) 

vivekrajpara
Contributor III

Thank you Igor..

This SDMA tutorial link is really helpful for understanding SDMA architecture and script writing for accessing it. 

Also thanks for sharing link for Professional services. 

Actually I need to capture I2S data (Using SAI interface) on SDMA and give interrupt to Cortex M4 core of Imx7s once enough data is available. I am not pretty sure whether I can do it using DMA scripts or not. Can you please let me know if that is possible? Also if possible, do NXP professional services provide support for this?

Thanks,

Vivek

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vivek

this will require to create rtos sdma scripts, so may be

recommended to apply to NXP Professional Services:

http://www.nxp.com/support/nxp-professional-services:PROFESSIONAL-SERVICE

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos