cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Stress Test fails to load on iMX6Q Custom Hardware

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi,

This is regarding imx6q based custom hardware design.

When I try to download ddr .inc script for ddr calibration using DDR stress tester V2.6 it shows following error.

"ERROR: Write dcd failed."

I have tried by changing many ways like;

1. commenting following line in script

setmem /16        0x020bc000 =     0x30

2. By un-ticking  verify DCD address in stress tester software and it appears same issue.

What could be the problem ? Please give me some idea on this ?

Regards,

Peter.

Labels (2)
13 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

dcd has restrictions on allowable addresses, please check

Table 8-34. Valid DCD Address Ranges i.MX6DQ Reference Manual
http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/iMX6DQPRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peteramond
Contributor V

igorpadykov

Hi,

I didn't get your answer. 

How ever I have previous calibrated data for this custom hardware design. When I upload u-boot to boot ROM using imx-usb loader it stuck at following point always.

Console log :

pastedImage_2.png

what will be the reason for this ?

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

what is real problem in that thread, as it was about " using DDR stress tester" ,

and now you are asking about upload u-boot to boot ROM using imx-usb loader ?

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

peteramond
Contributor V

igorpadykov

Hi...

1)

Well I have done 2 hardware designs and I did RAM calibration for 1st hardware design and it worked properly (Complete hardware functioned properly). In second hardware design I didn't change any DDR MEMORY TRACES and add some new functions to hardware. Therefore I thought to apply same memory calibration values to it and burn serial flash using usb loader. In order to burn u-boot on serial flash I used USB loader to upload u-boot to boot ROM. Then I figured above problem. Why is that ?

Because of above problem, I decided to do memory calibration again for this new design and I figured out this Write dcd failed error while I'm trying to do memory calibration.

This is the full incident and please help me on this issue.

2)

I tried to do this memory calibration using DDR_STRESS_TESTER V1.0.2 as well. Then It occurred following problem.

MX6DQ opened.
HAB_TYPE: DEVELOP
rom_write: reading HAB ack failed 0x00000000
ROM Write failed, addr: 0x020c406c
Write dcd failed.

Is this related to (HAB) High Assurance Boot component ? Some issue with the processor ? 

Regards and Thanks,

Peter.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

from log:

"rom_write: reading HAB ack failed 0x00000000
ROM Write failed, addr: 0x020c406c"

0x020c406c is CCM_CCGR1, all clocks are enabled by default.

Seems it can be removed.

Best regards
igor

peteramond
Contributor V

igorpadykov

Hi,

Many thanks for your replay.

What did you mean from "Seems it can be removed" ? You mean remove it from script which I use for DDR Stress test ?

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

yes

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

peteramond
Contributor V

Dear igorpadykov

Thanks again. 

How this could happen ? By default they are disabled by ROM code. Because in previous custom boards of imx6 I didn't do such thing in script. This enabling has done by script and those boards ran RAM test correctly.

When we purchase imx6 processors will this kind of things happen ?

I must be thankful to you if you can explain this.

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

please try v.2.70 using methods on below link and not use imx-usb loader, as this tool is not supported by nxp.

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.70 

Best regards
igor

peteramond
Contributor V

Dear igorpadykov,

I tried to run DDR calibration with v.2.7 but it still get the following error when I click Download on GUI :

"ERROR: Write dcd failed."

But when I comment the following line of the script it run correctly.

//setmem /32 0x020c406c = 0xffffffff

What is the reason for this ?

One of my another custom hardware design which has same design like above I needed to comment following line to load DDR Calibration Script.

//setmem /32 0x020c4080 = 0xffffffff

What is the reason for this random issue ? I must be thankful to you if you can clarify this cause. 

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

this error explained in FAQ section of

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.70 

Best regards
igor

peteramond
Contributor V

Dear igorpadykov,

I think you are referring to this. Am I correct ?

Q. I see an error message that states "ERROR: DCD addr is out of valid range.", why is this and how do I resolve?

A. Sometimes, when using the register programming aid, there are registers writes that are not supported in the DCD range.  Try looking for the following items and comment them out from the DDR initialization script:

wait = on

setmem /16 0x020bc000 = 0x30 // disable watchdog (note the address for this may be different between i.MX6x devices)

But 

setmem /32 0x020c406c = 0xffffffff

setmem /32 0x020c4080 = 0xffffffff

Are in valid address range. And some of my boards could run this script without commenting it. Why is that ? Is this some thing related to iMAX6 manufacturing ? Will they do this kind of restrictions for different batch of productions ?

Thank you,

Peter.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

please post this on link