cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom i.MX6Quad Board without OS using Platform SDK

shamiksaha
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am working on a custom i.MX6Quad board without Linux or Android and am trying to driver the basic boot-code and peripheral drivers using i.MX6 Platform SDK. Can someone guide me as to how to proceed in this way?

Using IOMUX.exe I have generated the IOMux register code and now if I add it to the SDK and I copy the DCD.c and the Makefile from the smart_device folder in SDK (I used references from Freescale in the design of this board) and build it and download the .bin file using MfgTool2.exe, will this work?

Is there anything else I should take care? Any help is deeply appreciated…. Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Shamik

Labels (2)
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also, You may apply to the Processor Expert for i.MX (instead of IOMUX tool) .

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=PROCESSOR-EXPERT-IMX

Regards,

Yuri.

shamiksaha
Contributor II

Thank you Igor and Yuri for your inputs. But I was wondering since my board is going to come from fabrication, wont my processor need any initialisation. Will the bin file generated can be dumped directly and will it work????

Another question I have is that how much of the processor capabilities can be utilised in the SDK, like, can graphic generation and overlaying possible without the use of Linux or Android OS????

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shamik

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Shamik, hello !

The Platfrom SDK generates initialization code too, but it may be specific for board,

therefore, please look over the initialization. As for application dependent features -

please review the documentation. In particular - iMX6_Platform_SDK\doc\iMX6_Firmware_Guide.pdf.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shamik

yes one can run it with MFG Tool tool, please refer to

sect.5.4 Download with the manufacturing tool attached Readme

file.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------