Convert YUYV422 to I420 on i.MX8 (Mini)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert YUYV422 to I420 on i.MX8 (Mini)?

jonathanolson
Contributor II

Is it possible to use G2D on the iMX8 to perform YUYV422 -> YUV420P conversion?

On the iMX6, I used the IPU to perform YUV422 -> YUV420P (planar) conversion.  However, the iMX8 (Mini) has dropped the IPU.  Apparently from the i.MX8M Mini datasheet, the G2D module can perform this conversion.

YUV Support:

• Full Multi destination support for converting non-planar YUV formats to planar YUV. It is used in extracting various components from input color into different destination planes

• YUV422 output with alpha blending supported

However, the Freescale libg2d library does not support "multi destination" and gives the following error if G2D_I420 is specified for a destination format.

g2d_blit_2d: Invalid dst format 21!

Is there a newer libg2d library than 6.2.4.p2.3 which supports this "multi destination" format on i.MX8?  Since the output of MIPI-CSI2 can only support YUV422, it's really slow to perform this operation in software.

3 Replies

jonathanolson
Contributor II

Yes it does.  I just ran a g2d blit test on a imx8m board a couple days ago which converts i420 images to rgb.  The aarch64 libg2d library does indeed work on imx8m and the g2d unit is documented in the imx8m manual.

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i.mx8M doesn't have 2D gpu,

pastedImage_3.png

you can refer to the release note, the libary mx-gpu-g2d-6.2.4.p4.0.bin is for imx6 or imx7, for imx8x imx8 which has 2d gpu, they use the libary named imx-dpu-g2d-6.2.4.p4.0.bin, which means that no g2d from gpu, but for hardware like imx8qm and imx8qxp, g2d api is still there, but no from gpu, it is api from dpu.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i.mx8M doesn't support gpu 2d

0 Kudos