cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consle hanging on Android 6 Marshmallow

vipulkumar
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using customize board based on i.MX6 Solo. I am using Android 6 Marshmallow (android_M6.0.1_2.1.0) release. I am able to boot the board successfully.

I am having the following issues:

1. Sometimes the console is getting stuck after the following log:

init: Service 'magd' (pid 191) exited with status 255
    healthd: No charger supplies found
   healthd: No battery devices found
   init: Starting service 'bootanim'...

After this log, I am not able to see anything on the LVDS display.

init: Service 'bootanim' (pid 215) exited with status 0

2. Sometimes the board is booteed and and I am able to see Android default GUI but after sometime, it is geeting hanged    and the board is rebooted after few seconds.

3. Sometimes I am getting this log and board is getting stuck and rebooted after few seconds:

[galcore]: GPU[0] hang, automatic recovery.
[galcore]: recovery done
binder: 176:196 transaction failed 29189, size 20-0
binder: send failed reply for transaction 12995, target dead
binder: 176:214 transaction failed 29189, size 68-0
binder: 176:900 transaction failed 29189, size 36-8
binder: send failed reply for transaction 13121, target dead
binder: 176:432 transaction failed 29189, size 20-0
binder: send failed reply for transaction 13125, target dead

Original Attachment has been moved to: android_booting_logs.txt.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

vipulkumar
Contributor III

Hi Vinod,

The u-boot parameters are :

bootargs=console=ttymxc4,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb3:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 ldb=sep1 video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 ldb=sep0 vmal
loc=256M androidboot.console=ttymxc4 consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=256M androidboot.selinux=disabled androidboot.dm_verity=
disabled

0 Kudos

vinodmaverickr0
Contributor IV

Hi Vipul,

Your boot args looks fine, sorry but still I want you to perform the below activities:

1) Run the Linux in your board and check weather you are getting the same issue in Linux (Just to isolate the hardware issue of DDR).

2) If that works fine then please run the Android with minimal kernel configuration for memory allocation issue.

3) One interesting thing I see in your boot args that vmalloc=256M; I am afraid that Android can run on this much low memory. So I will suggest you to change it to somewhere 512MB.

Thanks,

Vinod

0 Kudos

vipulkumar
Contributor III

Hi,

I have updated the following values in mx6solo_4x_mt41j128.cfg as per the DDR calibration result.

Write leveling calibration completed, update the following registers in your initialization script
    MMDC_MPWLDECTRL0 ch0 (0x021b080c) = 0x001F001F
    MMDC_MPWLDECTRL1 ch0 (0x021b0810) = 0x001F001F

After updating these 2 registers value, I run the DDR stress tool again and in the calibration logs I am getting the same message after updating the registers value.

Write leveling calibration completed, update the following registers in your initialization script
    MMDC_MPWLDECTRL0 ch0 (0x021b080c) = 0x001F001F
    MMDC_MPWLDECTRL1 ch0 (0x021b0810) = 0x001F001F

Is it correct or I am missing something ?

0 Kudos

vinodmaverickr0
Contributor IV

Hi Vipul,

These are Delay control register. So there value changed from device to device. So I think it will difficult to say to whether these are correct. One more thing please cross check your .cfg file changes after running DDR test. 

binder: 176:214 transaction failed 29189, size 68-0 

This kind of error are generally comes due to memory allocation (using vmalloc allocation). So I would suggest you to either run the kernel with minimal configuration or by running single DDR chip (if there is hardware issue).

For more assistance please post the u-boot params here.

Thanks,

Vinod

0 Kudos

vipulkumar
Contributor III

Hi,

I have run the DDR stress tool on u-boot. I am attaching the DDR calibration result. I don't have any idea about this result.

Please could you check the logs and tell me whether it is correct or not ? Where do I need to update these values ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please update them in uboot/board/freescale/board_name/*.cfg file.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vipul

hanging may point to hardware problems, was ddr test run on board

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-105652 

and image was rebuilt with new calibration settings found from test.

Also one can check power supplies, ripples should be <5%.

May be useful to run linux in minimal configuration to narrow down problem.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vipulkumar
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I ran the mtest to test the DDR and I was able to read and write to the 1 GB DDR without any error.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mtest is weak test please run ddr test and rebuild image with new
coefficients found from test.

~igor

0 Kudos