cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting QWKS-SCMIMX6 board to a Murata 1DX EVK

erezamir
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to get Murata 1DX EVK to work on my QWKS-SCMIMX6 board rev 2.

The connection done via SDcard slot and Murata version2 adapter, with jumper at 3v3 position.

Kernel version: 3.14.52

I've compiled BCMDHD driver as a module and installed Broadcom firmware package for i.MX Linux L3.14.52 BSP.

In Uboot I've selected the imx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev2-wifi-fix-ldo.dtb as and fdt_file.

When I try to load the bcmdhd module i get the following output:

dhd_module_init in

Power up adapter 'DHD generic adapter'

wifi_platform_bus_enumerate device present 1

failed to power up DHD generic adapter... 3 retries left

wifi_platform_bus_enumerate device present 0

wifi_platform_bus_enumerate device present 1

failed to power up DHD generic adapter... 2 retries left

When I try the same without the murata EVK being connected, I get the same result.

The same SD card slot works great when a standard 8GB SDcard is inserted.

A brief look at the DTB shows that there is no CD(card detect) pin referenced. Maybe here is the problem?

Did someone succeeded at getting murata 1DX to work on QWKS-SCMIMX6rev2 board?

What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
6 Replies

Larry5335
Contributor IV

Please note, if using the #muRata #Type #ZP kit that there are 2 carrier boards available, rev. 1 and rev. 2. Which one to use depends on the which SDIO connector you want to use.

The rev 2 configuration has a single SDIO card that the module connects to and also has a flat ribbon cable that connects to the connector on the top side of the board just above the SD2 slot. The rev 1 SDIO configuration has two SDIO boards connected by wires. In that configuration the module connects to main SDIO board which connects to SD3 and the second SDIO board connects to SD2.

0 Kudos

yangzhou
Contributor I

thank you very much .

i do not use the 1dx, i have my own pcb board with imx6ul and bcm43438 。I use a multimeter to measure the wl_reg_on voltage, when i insmod the bcmdhd.ko the voltage was 3.3v .but  it still have the err log.

0 Kudos

erezamir
Contributor II

Another thing that I can think about is the CD signal. If it's your own pcb without SDIO slot and dedicated CD(card detect) pin, maybe you should assert it manually to let kernel know there is a new SDIO device.

0 Kudos

yangzhou
Contributor I

i had the same problem , did you solve it. i use imx6ul and the wifi module is bcm43438.

0 Kudos

chengsi
Contributor I

Hi yang, did you solve the wifi problem? I am using the bcm43438 too,  and i add the CD pin in dts,here is my dts ,i am using sdio1. When i use modprobe bcmdhd, i get the same issue, do you know why? thanks.

bcmdhd_wlan_0: bcmdhd_wlan@0 {
compatible = "android,bcmdhd_wlan";
/* WL_HOST_WAKE=GPIO<5,2>, WL_REG_ON=GPIO<5,1> */
gpios = <&gpio5 2 0>, <&gpio5 1 0>;
wlreg_on-supply = <&wlreg_on>;
};

regulators {
compatible = "simple-bus";
#address-cells = <1>;
#size-cells = <0>;

wlreg_on: fixedregulator@100 {
compatible = "regulator-fixed";
regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>;
regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>;
regulator-name = "wlreg_on";
gpio = <&gpio5 1 0>;
startup-delay-us = <100>;
enable-active-high;
};
};

/*wifi*/
&usdhc1 {
pinctrl-names = "default", "state_100mhz", "state_200mhz";
pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_usdhc1>;
pinctrl-1 = <&pinctrl_usdhc1_100mhz>;
pinctrl-2 = <&pinctrl_usdhc1_200mhz>;
cd-gpios = <&gpio7 6 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
enable-sdio-wakeup;
keep-power-in-suspend;
non-removable;
pm-ignore-notify;
wifi-host; 
/*tuning-step = <2>;*/
status = "okay";
};

0 Kudos

erezamir
Contributor II

Yes, problem solved.

The issue was that WL_REG_ON control signal is not passed via SDIO interface, for that Murata needs an additional

SDIO in ver1 interconnect, and a flat cable in ver2 interconnect. In order to get your wifi running you have to apply 3.3V to WL_REG_ON signal line of Murata. You can locate the TP at the EVK. The constant 3.3V signal can be obtained from VIO_IN line of ver1 interconnect, and should be connected to the orange wire(WL_REG_ON). Good luck.

0 Kudos