cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect adb to imx6 android demo 4.4.2

floriang
Contributor III

Dear all,

I tried everything I could find on these forums, but I am not able to connect through ADB via USB to a SABRE SDB device running the demo image for android 4.4.2:

Device page:

SABRE Board Reference Design|Freescale

Downloaded image

IMX6_SABRE_SD_KK442_100_ANDROID_DEMO_BSP

The OS image was instaleld on eMMC and it boots fine into the OS.

Then, the device is recognized as "ADB composite interface" in windows system manager.

USB debugging is enabled on the device

But when I do "adb devices" the device is not listed.

1. I tried to use the Freescale USB drivers that worked for android 4.0.4 demo image, but they don't work.

2. I tried installing the latest SDK (with android studio) from google, using latest ADB and latest usb drivers from Google, but it doesn't work either.

Is there anyway to get this USB debugging work?

We could use ADB over ethernet but it is a BIG waste of time to setup the ethernet connection every time the board is bootedup.

Additionally if someone has a configuration that works with the android 4.4.2 demo image, can you attach the drivers you used to connect with ADB?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Floriang,

Well, according to the steps you followed, you should be able to see the device when you start adb. Whenever you plug the USB to the sabre board is it asking for permission to do usb debugging?, even if you have debugging enabled, if you don't accept the permission to connect through usb it won't work.

Here's trick/tip I learned a couple of months ago that actually worked when using android 4.3

Go to settings >> storage >> click on the upper right part of the screen (3 small vertical blocks) >> click on USB computer connection >> you should have it connected as "media device".

If it is, then check on "camera" and try, then go back to media device.

0 Kudos