Connect a MX8-DSI-OLED1 Panel To i.MX8M Nano EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a MX8-DSI-OLED1 Panel To i.MX8M Nano EVK

brandon_wilburn
Contributor I

I'm trying to connect a MX8-DSI-OLED1 Panel to a i.MX8M Nano EVK. I can get the EVK to work with a monitor, but not with the OLED panel. I have found several posts in the NXP community forums that say you have to run the following commands...

U-Boot > setenv fdt_file fsl-imx8mq-evk-dcss-rm67191.dtb

U-Boot > saveenv

U-Boot > run bootcmd

...but that .dtb file didn't make the OLED work. I realize that is for the imx8mq and i have the imx8mnano. Does any body know the dtb filename that i need to use? I have tried fsl-imx8mn-evk-dcss-rm67191.dtb (notice i changed the q to an n since i have a nano) and this doesn't work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have mailed to you about this case, you can check it

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Several options to find the right names for the DTB files:

1. The DTB files are part of our demo package which you can download from here:
    i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 
    Just download and extract the package for the 8MN and then you see the files.

2. You make your own Yocto build for the 8M Nano, then the DTB files can be found in the final image folder.

3. You download the documentation for the Yocto Release 4.14.98 from here
    https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.98_2.3.0_LINUX_DOCS 
    and read the "i.MX_Linux_Release_Notes", the list of availabe DTB files can be found in chapter 5.2.
    That's the least reliable solution, because this mustn't be the reality, docs can be wrong or misleading

4. Put the SD card which you programmed with the SD card image into a PC and get the file names from there, they are in a FAT partition which can be read by LInux and Windows OS.

Take care of the filename, in the file system the names start with "Image_", for the u-boot initialization you take that away.

Summary:  please use the file "fsl-imx8mn-ddr4-evk-rm67191.dtb" if you have an 8M Nano board with DDR4.

For the LPDDR4 version I think the "ddr4" is just taken out (not replaced by "lpddr4"), but I'm not perfectly sure.

U-Boot > setenv fdt_file fsl-imx8mn-ddr4-evk-rm67191.dtb

U-Boot > saveenv

U-Boot > boot

0 Kudos