Contributor II

In trying to build the iMX6 Platform SDK, I run into a compile error:

$ ./tools/build_sdk -target mx6dq -board evb

Building

sdk

[mx6dq evb a]

Compiling

sdk/drivers/gpmi/src/gpmi.cpp

In file included from c:\program files (x86)\codesourcery\sourcery_codebench_for_arm_eabi\bin\../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/include/c++/4.7.2/algorithm:61:0,

from /cygdrive/c/users/jkrupp/documents/freescale/iMX6_Platform_SDK/sdk/drivers/gpmi/src/gpmi.cpp:41:

c:\program files (x86)\codesourcery\sourcery_codebench_for_arm_eabi\bin\../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/include/c++/4.7.2/utility:70:28: fatal error: bits/c++config.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Build mx6dq evb rev_a ALL failed with return code 2!

I see that within C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeSourcery\Sourcery_CodeBench_for_ARM_EABI\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\4.7.2\arm-none-eabi, the bits/c++config.h exists, so merging the whole directory down to where it is expected to be, it compiles, but with link errors, such as:

/iMX6_Platform_SDK/output/mx6dq/lib/libsdk.a(startup.o): In function `startup_exit':
(.startup+0xe0): undefined reference to `_sys_exit'

/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_for_ARM_EABI/bin/../arm-none-eabi/lib/\libc.a(lib_a-assert.o): In function `__assert_func':
assert.c:(.text+0x38): undefined reference to `abort'
/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_for_ARM_EABI/bin/../arm-none-eabi/lib/\libc.a(lib_a-stdio.o): In function `__sclose':
stdio.c:(.text+0x8): undefined reference to `_close'
/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_for_ARM_EABI/bin/../arm-none-eabi/lib/\libc.a(lib_a-stdio.o): In function `__sseek':
stdio.c:(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `_lseek'
/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_for_ARM_EABI/bin/../arm-none-eabi/lib/\libc.a(lib_a-stdio.o): In function `__swrite':
stdio.c:(.text+0x74): undefined reference to `_lseek'
stdio.c:(.text+0x90): undefined reference to `_write'

....and on and on.

I'm guessing I have a configuration\makefile wrong somewhere, but haven't a clue where to look.  Not seeing others

Thanks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please refer to the guide for imx5

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please refer to the guide for imx5

0 Kudos
johnturnur
Contributor III

Hi,

I am facing follwoing issue.

# ./tools/build_sdk -t mx6dq -b smart_device -v a -test vpu

Building sdk [mx6dq smart_device a]
Compiling sdk/drivers/audio/src/cs42888.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: /cygdrive/c/Users/user10/Desktop/imx6_platform_sdk_v1.0.0
/iMX6_Platform_SDK/sdk/drivers/audio/src/cs42888.c: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: no input files
make[2]: *** [/cygdrive/c/Users/user10/Desktop/imx6_platform_sdk_v1.0.0/iMX6_Pla
tform_SDK/output/mx6dq/lib/obj/sdk/sdk/drivers/audio/src/cs42888.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2
make: *** [sdk] Error 2

Build mx6dq smart_device rev_a vpu failed with return code 2!

Thanks

0 Kudos