cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common PCB for MX6Quad and MX6Solo - SATA power pins

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

AN4397 (Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite) says on page 7:

The fourth difference is about SATA_VP (G13) and SATA_VPH (G12). In i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6Dual, SATA_VP and SATA_VPH are recommended to be grounded, if not in use. In i.MX 6DualLite and i.MX 6Solo, no SATA function is available and all these pins are recommended to be NC.

Is this "recommended" a must-do, or would it be just good style?

If someone does a PCB, with a 6Q / 6S assembly option, then for the 6Q these pins are connected to power, primarily to be able to perform boundary scan. So the question is if with a 6S on the board this power connection is doing something harmful?

Regards,

Bernhard.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

To be fully on safe side it may be recommended to apply jumpers (or placeholder for zero resistor)

for SATA_VP (G13) and SATA_VPH (G12) so, that the power voltage may be applied for i.MX6Q

(or left float for i.MX6S).

Often recommendations look like just good style, but it would be better to consider them as must-do

in order to avoid issues under different environments in future.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos