Code explanation for sai_low_power_audio in MCUexpresso SDK for iMX8 Nano.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code explanation for sai_low_power_audio in MCUexpresso SDK for iMX8 Nano.

Jump to solution
anurag16doshi
Contributor II

I am currently working with an iMX8 Nano evaluation board. I have downloaded the MCUExpresso for the same. It contains a project titled sai_low_power_audio in the demo_projects folder. I am looking for documentation for the code though it contains a Readme file. Due to limitations of the IAR kickstart version I am not able to make the .bin file. I do have a few questions listed below:

1. Does the board require to have any particular OS in the A53 core for it to run.

2. If we use Uboot to run the code on the M7 core, how will the A53 and M7 communicate?

3. Is there a better code that can be used to get similar results that someone can reference me to for research?

4. Has anyone used a a structure to be able to individually boot the A53 and M7 cores?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anurag

explanations can be found in AN12195  Implement Low-Power Audio on i.MX8M

1. linux

2. rpmsg

3. no

4. ROM only boots A53, then it can run M7.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anurag

explanations can be found in AN12195  Implement Low-Power Audio on i.MX8M

1. linux

2. rpmsg

3. no

4. ROM only boots A53, then it can run M7.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

anurag_doshi
Contributor I

Hey Igor,

Thanks for your help. As you said we cannot boot the cores separetely. Is there a way to boot the M7 core as a "master" that contains FreeRTOS and then boot A53 core that contains Android from M7? If so, could you direct me to steps for the same?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anurag

>Is there a way to boot the M7 core as a "master" that contains FreeRTOS

>and then boot A53 core that contains Android from M7?

unfortunately not.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos