Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock enable bit for i2c4 - mx6dl/Solo

Jump to solution
kishan
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using mx6dl processor( in Solo mode) on our custom board. I need to enable i2c4( in boot loader) and for that I need i2c clock enable bit. I found i2c clock enable bit for i2c1/2/3 but the same is not there for i2c4 in reference manual. Has anyone come across this problem? Could anyone tell me where I can find that bit (in which register)?

Thanks and regards,

Kishan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Kishan

I looked through the latest RM of mx6dl, see below, in CCM_CCGR1,  can you try it, bit8-9?

9–8

CG4

i2c4 clocks (i2c4_clk_enable)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kishan,

I2C4 clock enable is connected with “ccm_ecspi5_clk_enable” in design.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
kishan
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

We tried using ccm_ecspi5_clk_enable bits for enabling i2c4 clock, but still we are not getting clock. We have followed the same initialization sequence that is followed for initializing other i2c buses in boot loader and board file. Anything else needs to be done?

Thanks

0 Kudos
kishan
Contributor II

Hi,

First of all, thanks.

Actually, In kernel, there is a platform dependent clock interface that initializes and registers all clocks. For me it is in, arch/arm/mach-mx6/clock.c. I had to modify this to add support for for i2c4. Then everything worked fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Kishan

I looked through the latest RM of mx6dl, see below, in CCM_CCGR1,  can you try it, bit8-9?

9–8

CG4

i2c4 clocks (i2c4_clk_enable)

0 Kudos