Clarification reg. selection of processors in IMx series with GPU support and H.265/264 codec support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification reg. selection of processors in IMx series with GPU support and H.265/264 codec support

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Hello Team,

We are looking for processor in IMx series for a set of  following requirements  to be met for a video recorder product. Kindly request to suggest with suitable processor  that could almost meet all the necessary requirements listed

1.Dual /Quad core processors (preferably) - for fast video recording and play without losses

2.GPU support and .264 / h.265  codec support with libraries/driver support  - preferably from  IMx

3. video out support (HMI, AHD BNC) with drivers if possible

4.Shock sensor support shock sensor support with drivers if possible

5.Valgrind support for ease of debugging.

Awaiting reply at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Vignesh.V

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Since you are not sharing the Resolution that you  need for your development,  I would start with the i.MX6Quad Plus,  and if your need it is for 4K  then i.MX8MQ and the i.MX8Quad Max.  Here are the links:

i.MX 6QuadPlus Applications Processors | Quad Arm® Cortex®-A9 with extreme graphics performance and ... 

i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4 | 4K display resolution | NXP 

i.MX 8 Family Applications Processor | Arm Cortex-A53/A72/M4 | NXP 

In all cases, we provided drivers in our Linux and Android BSP, for our boards.

0 Kudos