cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on i.MX53 SRCT LP Alarm function w.r.t. PMIC_ON_REQ-signal

MOW
Contributor IV

Dear all,

Do I understand the i.MX53 Reference Manual Rev. 2.1, 6/2012 section "72.3.3.3 SRTC LP Secured Counter Alarm" correctly, that this function can be used to toggle the SRTC_ALARM / DO_ALARM_OUT signal (see also table 72-1 on page 4403) and this in turn toggles the external signal PMIC_ON_REQ (see table 4-2 on page 299)?

How exactly does this work and what exactly will happen on the external PMIC_ON_REQ pin in this case? I can't seem to find any information on how long this pin will be activated. Is this just a short pulse (for how long?) or is this pin only activated by the SRTC and later on deactivated by the SoC-Power-On initialization?

Would it be possible to use this function to trigger an e.g. "5 second emergency" power-off/hard-reset function implemented as secondary function on ONKEY-signals of PMICs like on the nONKEY-signal of a dialog DA9053?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Marc

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

MOW
Contributor IV

Yixing,

No solution, yet. Our Freescale FAE told me some Freescale engineers are working on the problem. I was expecting that some solution or at least more information would be posted here, as Freescale's official ticket system seems not to be working anymore and Freescale engineers are claimed to read and help with issues posted here in the community, instead?!

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Marc

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Marc

Yes, community will be Freescale customer platform now, and ticket system is no longer used. As to this issue, since it had been closed, I suggest you work with Freescale FAE to get solution directly. You are welcome to use community to post any of your issues in developing products with Freescale chips.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Marc

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos