cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromium browser 72 i.MX6 HW acceleration

fr5
Contributor IV

Hi,

I share here a patch for enabling i.MX6 hardware acceleration for chromium browser 72 release.

Environment is yocto thud and patch is based on GitHub - Freescale/chromium-imx.

In addition to modifications related to chromium 72, I had to force gpu decoder creation in /media/renderers/default_decoder_factory.cc, and force GLES extension detection in /media/gpu/imx_gl_viv_direct_texture.cc.

At that point when I play a video in chromium iMX6 vpu decode accelerator is called but it generates like underrun errors "No picture buffers have been provided yet - will try again later".

The result is video frame rate is worse than if I disable gpu in chromium command line.

Does anyone have suggestion that could help ?

4 Replies

fr5
Contributor IV

In case wanting to reproduce in the same conditions, I attach video file corresponding to the log file provided.

0 Kudos

ajaypatel-b
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

Hello Fabien,

Thanks for the video. It is test video which you are using to recreate the issue at your end. Correct ? We will use this video for analysis.

But I want recorded short video which give us clear idea what setup you are using, how you are running video using chromium, what type of video playback issue you are seeing on display etc. So, please try to record a video when you are trying to recreate the video issue and provide to me.

Thanks,

Ajay- 

0 Kudos

ajaypatel-b
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

Hello Fabien,

Can you share your local.conf file which you have used to build your YOCTO BSP with Chromium-x11 support ?

Thanks,

Ajay-

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OtavioSalvador‌, would you know if there are branches of the i.MX6 Community BSP where HW acceleration is enabled for Chromium 72?

Fr5, the mailing list for the Community BSP is a good place to ask questions to other members contributing to this BSP. I would recommend that you subscribe if you haven't already.

FSL Community BSP 

Regards,