cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing LTIB build settings

IanGuest1z
Contributor I

Hi all,

After much scouring of the internet and LTIB.org, I do not seem to find a way of changing build settings in LTIB for the i.mx233.

What I need to do is change the elftosb2 settings that is invoked right at the end of the build process. The default settings include a -z as a zero encryption key for the final *.sb file to be targetted on an SD card.

The Chumby hacker board has the OTP fuse set to no encryption, so this option needs to be removed in the build settings to produce a bootable image for the i.mx233 on the chumby hacker board.

I have tried to do the final build steps manually - but the LTIB build deletes several intermediate files that prevent me from doing this. More suitable (and infinitely more desirable) would be to find where in the LTIB scripts the -z option is and to modify/remove it via a script - but even searching for elftosb throughout the LTIB directories yielded not match. I have found it in one of the RPM's but am at a loss of how to extract and rebuild the RPM again.

Could someone please point me in the right direction. This will also open the doors for the LTIB distribution to build on the Chumby hacker board.

Thanks

Ian

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

IanGuest1z
Contributor I

Daiane Angolini said:
Sorry, but I didn´t understand what´s the problem =P
Essentially- I need to change the build options on the elf2sb2 final step. I need to remove the -z option which encrypts the sb file with a zero key to making an unencrypted sb file (no -z option).
0 Kudos

IanGuest1z
Contributor I

Daiane Angolini said:

Can you change elftosb2.spec file?

Do you know ./ltib -m shell ? it will allow you to "manually" build any code, using ltib variables.

Well - I looked for the spec file - there does not seem to be one.

I tried the shell - but that looks immensely complex to get around. What may be helpful is to step through the LTIB script to see exactly when the elf2sb2 gets called.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Sorry, but I didn´t understand what´s the problem =P
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you change elftosb2.spec file?

Do you know ./ltib -m shell ? it will allow you to "manually" build any code, using ltib variables.

0 Kudos