表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Change to Serial download mode on uboot for MFG Tool

ソリューションへジャンプ
4,572件の閲覧回数
aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm using Android 6.0.1, Without using boot switch how can i change to serial download mode for MFG Tool flash.

Regards,

Aravinth

ラベル(3)
1 解決策
3,729件の閲覧回数
BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

new uboot has bmode command

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
12 返答(返信)
3,729件の閲覧回数
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If You have removable boot device (SD card, for example) - the simplest

way to enter i.MX6 serial boot mode is just removing the boot media (assuming boot

options are not changed, and are set, say, for SD boot ).

In such case, because of boot error, i.MX6 boot ROM enters serial boot mode automatically.

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
3,729件の閲覧回数
aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your reply. Now i'm using only eMMC, i don't have SD option. So what i can do.?

Regards,

Aravinth

0 件の賞賛
3,732件の閲覧回数
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am afraid in eMMC case it is needed to use the boot switches.

Regards,

Yuri. 

0 件の賞賛
3,732件の閲覧回数
aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

In uboot we have any commands to change into serial download mode.

I think old version of uboot have download_mode command, by using this we can use MFG tool without boot switch.  but latest uboot it's not there.

Any other commands are there to go to serial download mode option on uboot.

Regards,

Aravinth

0 件の賞賛
3,730件の閲覧回数
BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

new uboot has bmode command

0 件の賞賛
3,732件の閲覧回数
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, but on my i.MX6 UL EVK the command "bmode usb" just performs reset :-(

~Yuri.

0 件の賞賛
3,563件の閲覧回数
amigen-jason
Contributor IV

In case anyone is wondering how to enter serial downloader mode from U-Boot without altering the BOOT_MODE pin selections, I dug around and found that there are some undocumented registers that can do this.  For me, the bmode usb command was not a valid U-Boot command as it's only support on some i.MX6 and i.MX6 platforms and I'm on a i.MX 8M Mini (imx8mm).  Following the U-Boot code for how it works on an i.MX6 platform (which is very similar to i.MX8) I've found a working solution.

u-boot=>nm.l 30390098 

30390098: 00000000 ? 40000000 

30390098: 40000000 ? . 

u-boot=> reset 

resetting ... 

The part will reset and enter serial downloader mode.  Super useful.

3,278件の閲覧回数
siva_prabhakara
Contributor III

@amigen-jason did you mean this worked on imx8mm too? Are you using usb1 for otg?

0 件の賞賛
3,270件の閲覧回数
amigen-jason
Contributor IV

Yes, it works for me on the imx8mm (i.MX 8M Mini).  It does not work on a imx8mp (i.MX 8M Plus), and I suspect it would work on a imx8mn (i.MX 8M Nano).

The USB SDP only works on USB0.  Unrelated to SDP, I have successfully used USB0 and USB1 as device gadgets in Linux.  I have not tested host mode or otg.

0 件の賞賛
3,268件の閲覧回数
siva_prabhakara
Contributor III

@amigen-jason 

thanks for the reply, unfortunately we have usb2 configured for device/otg/host modes, we use usb1 for something else.

i bumped across a spl kconfig "SPL_SDP_USB_DEV", wonder if i can change this to use usb2 instead.

config SPL_SDP_USB_DEV
int "SDP USB controller index"
default 0
depends on SPL_USB_SDP_SUPPORT
help
Some boards have USB controller other than 0. Define this option
so it can be used in compiled environment.
endif

0 件の賞賛
3,260件の閲覧回数
amigen-jason
Contributor IV

Sorry, I'm too used to counting from 0.  The imx8mm has two USB OTG capable ports: USB OTG1 and USB OTG2. 

SDP can only only be used with USB OTG1--that's a function of the boot capability of the part and documented in the boot chapter of the reference manual.  There's nothing you can change in U-Boot to change this as it is intrinsic to the part.  If there was a setting, it would have to be a fuse or something because SDP relates to how the part boots, prior to running any software you'd be able to configure.

0 件の賞賛
3,729件の閲覧回数
aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

I'm using i.MX6Q, It's working fine. 

Thanks BiyongSUN‌  YuriMuhin_ng

Regards,

Aravinth

0 件の賞賛