cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change i.MX8M CPU frequency in Uboot

yashavanthashet
Contributor V

Hi all,

We are using i.MX8M 4.9.51_ga release with custom board.

Currently in Uboot boot print its showing "CPU:   Freescale i.MX8MQ rev2.0 1300 MHz (running at 800 MHz)"

Even though CPU supports maximum 1.3GHz board runs only in 800MHz in uboot, can we change it to 1.3GHz in uboot?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yashavantha

1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Uboot itself does not have an option to change the CPU clock frequency. Thus, it starts at the default CPU core clock frequency of 800MHz that can be further changed at the kernel boot stage by the CPUFREQ driver setup. If you need to change the CPU core clock frequency in Uboot, you have to patch the Uboot code. For that purpose, you can use the CPUFREQ driver code as the reference. For details on the driver, please refer to the Section 2.3.3 of the attached document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------