Capture image issues with IMX7D and CSI (CMOS)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture image issues with IMX7D and CSI (CMOS)

eddie_vazquez_h
Contributor II

Hello community,

I have several questions regarding capturing a single picture using CSI interface. I have set up parallel sensor and csi driver (mx6s_capture.c). Driver for camera was ported to use subdev and succesfully shows as subdev of csi.

When I try to use

./mx6s_v4l2_capture.out -d /dev/video0

It calls functions from sensor driver but throws the following error:

VIDIOC ENUM FMT failed

Comparing my  /include/media/v4l2-subdev.h against an older copy, the .enum_mbus_fmt in v4l2_subdev_video_ops is gone so I'm thinking maybe mx6s_v4l2_capture.out it's outdated. Do you have a newer version for this tool and also some documentation on how to use it?

Also, I've noticed csi_enable function in mx6s_capture.c never gets called and hence peripheral is never enabled. How could I call this function from user space?

In a nutshell all I'm pursuing is to take a picture (no video), no matter if from user space or programatically, do you have any documentation or thread on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Labels (1)
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eddie

one can try with latest csi unit tests

mxc_v4l2_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

and Linux 4.19.35_1.1.0 Documentation

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eddie_vazquez_h
Contributor II

Thanks Igor, I checked the source for mx6s_v4l2_capture.out on the link you provided and it still uses .enum_mbus_fmt 

Do you know if mxc_v4l2_capture.c is compatible with imx7d CSI and can be used instead?

Thanks

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes it is compatible and can be debugged as on link

About preview function in i.MX6SL. 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos