Cannot change Debian in my i.MX6ULL evk anymore

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change Debian in my i.MX6ULL evk anymore

pablocottens
Contributor II

Hello, As stated above I have a i;MX6ULL evk board and I can't change the OS running in it anymore.

Initially I was using this tutorial on how to put debian 8 jessie on the board using mfgtool and everything worked accordingly. After a couple of months that I did this, I disconnected everything and reconnected everything in different ports and I am unable to detect the board with mfgtool since then.

I plugged both micro-usbs to the computer and I can see that the serial usb used for viewing the logs is detected without a problem, but the other one doesn't seem to be recognized by windows anymore.

It takes a while, but after a few seconds of being connected to the PC D2003 starts blinking (the LED located between the power connector and the board with the processor) and whenever I disconnect it it stops blinking, but still, windows doesn't seem to detect it and mfgtool says that there is no device connected.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pablo,

You could refer to Table 4 “i.MX 6ULL EVK DIP switch configuration” of the Quick Start Guide for i.MX6ULL document at the link below, which explains the proper dip switches settings for a proper boot, and enter to serial downloader mode:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/IMX6ULLQSG.pdf

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos