Can video data collected via PCIe interface been routed and displayed via IPU in iMX6Q?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can video data collected via PCIe interface been routed and displayed via IPU in iMX6Q?

ricky_luisus
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using one of the chip which can route 4-channel video captured data through PCIe interface. I am connecting this chip with iMX6Q chip. I am planning to collect this video data via PCIe interface on iMX6Q. I want to route this video data to Display via IPU. Is it possible for IPU to collect data from PCIe interface? Is it possible to connect PCIe and IPU modules at the first place? What mechanism shall i use to achieve this functionality?

Thanks,

RL

2 Replies

FrankLi1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, IPU can access PCIe address space.

PCIe map your capture chip to a 16M address space in MX6.

IPU access it like normal DDR except address is difference and size just 16M.

You can think your caputre chip as16M memory.

If you chip support master function, your chip can write data to MX6 DDR directly without 16M limition.

Generally PCIe device write data system memroy directly.

ricky_luisus
Contributor II

Hello Zhi Li,

Thank you for the feedback. Is there any limitation to the throughput of the video content transferred via PCIe bus?

My chip intends to send 8 channel 720p raw video data via PCIe bus to iMX6Q.

iMX6Q shall process this data in IPU, do color conversion, pass it to VPU for compression and sent to display unit. Is there any limitation related to any module (PCIe, IPU, VPU etc...) in terms of throughput/processing for such requirement?

Also, How many channels does VPU support?

Thanks,

RL

0 Kudos