Can the iMX8MQ HDMI differential reference clock be removed?DDR4 Reference design

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the iMX8MQ HDMI differential reference clock be removed?DDR4 Reference design

haochengdong
Contributor II

HDMI:

According to the manual description, the PMA reference clock can select two clock sources, namely refclk_p / m or refclock.

PMA external reference clock. Only valid for DP.The HDMI pixel clock cannot be driven on thesepins. For DP, supports nominal frequencies of 19.2, 20, 24, 27, 54 and 108 MHz.

The following external reference clock sources are supported:

• AC coupled differential low swing clock(HCSL levels)

• DC single ended clock on refclk_p pin. In this mode refclk_m should be tied to ground. This mode is for test purposes
only.

For DP, a reference clock must be provided on either these external pins or on the refclock internal SoC-side pin.

According to the above description, if I only configure the HDMI function and not the DP function, can I remove the 27 MHz differential clock..

RM manual describes DRAM Up to 8GB of memory capacity,But Memory Map can only address to 4GB.

Is the description of the manual incorrect?

DDR4:

Our motherboard uses 2 16Gb DDR4. If we want the best performance, can the address line be Fly-by topology? Is there a corresponding reference.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. We do not recommend customer to remove external oscillator.  We can ensure to pass HDMI compliance test with external oscillator that has better jitter

2. 8M support max 4GB density DRAM8GB should be corrected in RM.

3. As for 2pcs DDR, we do not recommend customer to use Fly-by topology.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I will confirm it for you~

0 Kudos